Wish List for People in Need
Catholic Charities In Kind Warehouse
Catholic Charities serves nearly 35,000 people every year with a diverse range of programs, offering basic necessities and help in moving toward greater stability. Our programs and the people we serve rely on the community for gifts of time and treasure. Several items are always needed to continue our services to men, women and children. In whatever way you choose to give, thank you for your positive impact on the lives of those most in need.
Donating to the In Kind Warehouse
If you have any questions or are planning a drive to collect specific items, please contact our warehouse personnel to get the current up to date information on the most immediate needs of our agency.
In Kind Warehouse is located on the campus of the St. Joseph Home for Children in south Minneapolis, 1121 E. 46th St. Please call 612-204-8295 for warehouse directions and to arrange drop off time.
Catholic Charities provides new backpacks complete with age appropriate school supplies for children and youth ensuring that they start school "ready to learn". While we are in need of backpacks from Kindergarten through High School, we are especially in need of new larger sized packs to accommodate our middle and high school aged students. Gender-neutral colors are preferred for all grade levels. If you are interested in coordinating a school supply drive please contact the In Kind Warehouse at 612-204-8295 for further information on the most needed items.
School Supply Wish List:
- Backpacks (prefer gender neutral colors)
- Notebooks (Composition or Spiral)
- Colored Pencils
- Scientific Calculators, Graphing Calculators
- Pocket Folders
- School Binders (2" and smaller)
- Binder Dividers
- Safety Scissors
- Pencil Boxes or pouches
- Glue Sticks/Glue Bottles
- Blank Journals
- Monthly Planners
School Uniform Clothing:
Within the Minneapolis and St. Paul Public School System, some schools now have a school uniform policy. In addition, eight inner city schools have school based counseling programs provided by Catholic Charities where children and youth receive mental health and social services integrated into their everyday school experience.
New, unused clothing in all sizes is needed for school uniforms in the following styles and colors:
- Pants—Tan or Khaki, Black, Navy, and Burgundy
- Shirts—(though Polo shirts are preferred, long sleeve or shirt sleeve shirts are acceptable)—Black, Navy, White, Tan, Red, and Burgundy
Winter Specific Clothing Items:
- Winter Jackets/Coats—newborn through adult
- Waterproof Mittens and/or Gloves—toddler through adult
- Winter Boots—toddler through adult
- Long Underwear—male and female, teen through adult
- Thermal Socks
New Clothing Items for Older Teens and Adults:
- Shoes—Athletic, Casual, Winter Boots Shirts size small-5XL* *extended sizes (XXL-5XL) are greatly needed
- Underwear—all sizes, both male and female
- For women—sports type bras are desired
- Men's Jeans/Pants—all sizes
- Sweatshirts, Sweatpants, Activity Pants (sizes Medium-4XL)
- Socks-male and female
New Clothing Items for Children and Younger Teens:
- New Clothing items sizes 2T—size 16
- Especially needed—basketball type shorts, sweatpants, and activity pants—all sizes (boys and girls)
- Shoes—athletic, casual, winter boots
- Underwear Boys Socks, Please note: we have an overabundance of girls socks
- Diapers (greatly needed sizes newborn, 4, and 5)
- Baby Wipes (greatly needed)
- Baby Bottles, Sippy Cups
- Diaper bags
- Clothing Newborn-2T
New Household Items:
- Blankets (twin, full, and queen)
- Mattress pads (twin, full, and queen)
- Air Mattresses (twin, full, and queen)
- Bath Towels
- Shower Curtains and hooks
- Brooms and Dust Pans
- Single serve prepacks of laundry soap
- Duffel Bags or adult size backpacks
- Ethnic Dolls
- Wooden Puzzles, especially preschool age
- Books focused on African American or Latino families/stories
- Fidgets or Sensory type items, ex. Stress relievers, googly balls, etc.
- Grocery Store
- Gas Cards
About used items
Effective February 1, 2014, Catholic Charities no longer accepts used items. For your convenience, we have listed local organizations that will accept used items.
St. Vincent de Paul Society,
2939 12th Ave. So. www.svdpmpls.org
3740 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis, MN www.salvationarmynorth.org
Sabathani Community Center,
310 East 38th St.
Minneapolis, MN www.sabathani.org
We thank you for your continued support.