Sowers of Justice Network
What is Sowers of Justice?
Sowers of Justice
is a membership organization for Catholics in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area who are committed to changing hearts and changing social structures on behalf of justice.
All members are invited to participate in the legislative advocacy network that is a key part of Sowers.
Joining Sowers means getting an opportunity to make a difference
Joining Sowers means getting an opportunity to make a difference, a difference that is rooted in faith and guided by the Catholic vision of social justice.
- Make a difference in your personal and family life through the sense of meaning and satisfaction that comes from helping to build a better community and teaching your children to do the same.
- Make a difference in the lives of the poor by joining with others to help change the root causes of poverty and injustice.
- Make a difference in your local community by building alliances with others in the network who are committed to shaping institutions and policies in a more just way.
- Make a difference in the world by participating in initiatives which promote solidarity and justice on a global scale.
What you get as a member of Sowers:
- an opportunity to join in legislative advocacy on behalf of the poor
- bi-monthly Seeds newsletter to learn what other members and parishes are doing on behalf of social justice
- membership events that provide inspiration and spiritual renewal in the context of social justice
- access to skills training and education resources on social justice
- opportunity to join with others in your parish, community, or region to work together on local and regional issues
- opportunity to participate in small group faith-sharing programs on social justice
- a chance to meet some of the most interesting people in your community
What you give:
- commitment to learn more about the biblical roots of social justice and the Church's teaching on justice
- commitment to work with other Sowers members in your parish or community
- willingness to be active in at least one justice issue or initiative
- attendance at training events that will enhance your public leadership skills
- $30 per year to cover the cost of mailings.
Office for Social Justice
60 Plato Boulevard East #230
(Drake Bank Bldg)
Saint Paul, MN 55107