Sowers of Justice Network
What is Sowers of Justice?
Sowers of Justice
is a membership organization for Catholics in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area who are committed to changing hearts and changing social structures on behalf of justice.
If you would like to join, please contact our office
All members are invited to participate in the legislative advocacy network that is a key part of Sowers.
Joining Sowers means getting an opportunity to make a difference
Joining Sowers means getting an opportunity to make a difference, a difference that is rooted in faith and guided by the Catholic vision of social justice.
- Make a difference in your personal and family life through the sense of meaning and satisfaction that comes from helping to build a better community and teaching your children to do the same.
- Make a difference in the lives of the poor by joining with others to help change the root causes of poverty and injustice.
- Make a difference in your local community by building alliances with others in the network who are committed to shaping institutions and policies in a more just way.
- Make a difference in the world by participating in initiatives which promote solidarity and justice on a global scale.
What you get as a member of Sowers:
- an opportunity to join in legislative advocacy on behalf of the poor
- bi-monthly Seeds newsletter to learn what other members and parishes are doing on behalf of social justice
- membership events that provide inspiration and spiritual renewal in the context of social justice
- access to skills training and education resources on social justice
- opportunity to join with others in your parish, community, or region to work together on local and regional issues
- opportunity to participate in small group faith-sharing programs on social justice
- a chance to meet some of the most interesting people in your community
What you give:
- commitment to learn more about the biblical roots of social justice and the Church's teaching on justice
- commitment to work with other Sowers members in your parish or community
- willingness to be active in at least one justice issue or initiative
- attendance at training events that will enhance your public leadership skills
- $30 per year to cover the cost of mailings.
60 Plato Boulevard East
Saint Paul, MN 55107